Last server records
We will take Edgebug & Jumpbug Stats v 1.1 as example. Download and open archive.
The creator of the plugin newbie has placed every file in the same way as they should lay in cstrike folder of your CS. So you just need to unpack all files into your cstrike, which could be found in steam directory:
If asked about replacing files, choose "Copy and replace". Then open plugins.ini file, placed in ...\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs, and add in a new line
Save (Ctrl+S) and close the file. That's it!
Now suppose you've downloaded plugin from a famous forum alliedmods, so you have only config file kz_bug_stats.cfg and plugin's source code kz_bug_stats.sma. Firstly look at directories tree we are going to work with:
scripting folder is intended to contain plugins source code, plugins folder is for plugins themself, in configs one usually keeps plugin config (settings), and data folder has files where plugin saves some info or auxiliary data. On alliedmods forum plugin author must specify folder for config and any subsidiary files.
Here's action plan:
- Open folder: ...\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\scripting
- Copy file kz_bug_stats.sma into this folder
- Drag file onto compile.exe. You will see console with details about compilation process
- If compilation had no errors, you will find plugin file kz_bug_stats.amxx in compiled folder in the same scripting directory
- Copy (or move) kz_bug_stats.amxx into ...\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\plugins
- Open file plugins.ini, placed in ...\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs, and write
kz_bug_stats.amxxin a new line. Save file (Ctrl+S). Actually you can write it in any line, but sometimes there are specific requirements, so read plugin description carefully
- There could be some additional files along with a source file. In our case it's kz_bug_stats.cfg, which contains plugin settings. Copy it into ...\cstrike\addons\amxmodx\configs
- If CS is running, restart your server (write restart in console)